Tuesday, January 14, 2014


The hair on the back of my neck
Starts to prickle
The air is electric
Adrenaline trickles.
Like drops from a faucet
Whose intensity shifts
To that of great falls
Rushing over the cliffs.
It's more than the senses 
Could ever detect
No matter which of them
I choose to select.
Should my vision sharpen
Becoming more clear
Or my ears heighten
To more vibrantly hear.
Perhaps I could follow
Every beautiful slant
Of light and of brilliance
Of melodic descant.
As it is--I just know
There is more than appears
And God is still present
He draws ever near.
He is the Seeker
When we are too weak
He is Compassion
When the world is so bleak.
He is the spark---
That can light up a stone
The Lord of the seen
And what is unknown...

Random Morning Thoughts:
I sometimes think that the second week of any lifestyle change can be the hardest.  I'm wanting to fall back into old habits.  Found some candy leftover from Christmas in my desk yesterday and seriously wanted to just sit down and eat the whole thing.  But, I didn't.  Getting up earlier to have quiet time in the Bible and in prayer also seems to be more challenging this week.  The alarm goes off and I think---I don't really have to get up yet.....but so far I've been getting up anyhow.  Still praying for strength and change in my heart.  I committed to this daily quiet time for five days a week--but after going two days without it---I'm pretty sure I need it every day.  Sunday provides that quiet time/Bible study naturally in church----but I think I need to have a quiet time on Saturday mornings as well.  It's just too easy to push God to the back burner when I don't make an intentional effort to spend some time with Him.  

From Devotion Time
Romans 8:5-6  "Those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the Spirit.  For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace."

From Piper's devotional regarding this verse:  "This is stunning.  What you set your mind on determines whether the issue is life or death."

Blessings
Stuart and Miriam playing ball together---a house of squeals and laughter.  
Playing chase with Miriam and watching her dance.
A good day with the kids at school yesterday.

Prayers
Family struggling with illness
Students affected by personal loss
Family member with a job interview today
Praying for Miriam's relationship with Christ someday.
(And others...)

No comments:

Post a Comment