Wednesday, January 8, 2014

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."

---Jim Elliot, a missionary who was killed on January 8, 1956---while trying to bring the gospel to Auca tribe of 60 people.

Today, I want to try and remember what matters.  Do not give significance to the insignificant.  Do not hold on to insignificant things while losing as grasp on what is significant.  Every day is a new chance to recognize the weakness in myself and to understand that God's love and God's work can be made complete even in my weakness---if I let go of trying to be in control of everything----and just allow God to be the focus and the heart of my life.

And we can question
What's right and what matters
Actions---reactions
The mind shifts and scatters.

No comments:

Post a Comment