Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Part of me really wants to say--ok---one day down:  one day of tracking calories---one day of no sugar excluding yogurt and fruit.  One day of getting up early and having a quiet time---and an extra cleaning time.  Isn't it funny how I'm tempted to just treat life as some huge countdown clock sometimes.  I do it all the time.  One day down, four days to go until Friday.  One class down---five more to go until the end of the day.  I'm not sure why I do this--I know it would be better to view time---wherever that time is spent---as opportunity---not something to wish away.

This morning I scrubbed the tub.  I hate scrubbing the tub.  Of all household tasks (including scrubbing a toilet)---scrubbing the tub for me remains the most reviled.  But---now it's shiny---it almost looks new again.  There's a simple thread of peace in a task such as that one----taking something grungy and scrubbing it till it shines.

Sorry---this blog is likely to be a little rambling for a bit, since it's being composed in the morning before coffee.

Today was Genesis 8---"But God remembered Noah and all the beasts and all the livestock that were with him in the ark.  And God made a wind blow over the earth, and waters subsided."  The waters subsided---that's the part sticking with me this morning----the part about God's mercy---the part where God remembers the man who was always wanting to walk with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment