Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lullaby---the final verse

So there you are
So small and frail
Each tiny feature
Etched in fine detail
And when your fingers
Deftly twine
In trust unspoken
'Round mine,
Love's design
Will loose a cry
That echoes in
Sweet lullabies.
Deep within your heart
May seeds of faith be rooted well
That in sadness or in joy--
God is the same--Immanuel.
And His hands
Will guard your sleep
In dreams
So still and deep
While lullabies
That ebb and flow
Hum and sing
In voices low,
From love's well
That never dries
But ripples out
In lullabies.
Rest your head
Close your eyes
And listen to
The lullabies.

3 comments:

  1. Guess I need to be editing pics ASAP so you can have lots of our sweet girl to show off on the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I had no idea your precious baby had joined your family. I know you are excited beyond words. I can't wait to love on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS! I have kept in touch with Nikki about your sweet girl. So glad to read the whole story on the blog. Well, I read most of it, anyway. Can't wait to read the rest! M has the sweetest little face! Praising God for His goodness in the gift of a precious baby girl to you and Stuart. Enjoy every moment...I know everyone tells you this, but just know, it really does fly by! Can't wait for M and K to meet. Please let me know if there is anything you need! ;)

    ReplyDelete