Saturday, November 28, 2020

Thanksgiving with family

 Yesterday, I spent the morning with Iggy bird and Miriam.  We talked and laughed together a lot of the morning.  Iggy bird loves pajama pants---and perched himself on either my fuzzy pants or Miriam's fuzzy pants and occasionally said: "Pretty bird" or "Hey baby"  or "Iggy!"  Lots of Miriam giggles.  We slowly set out the snow village on the mantel place----only a couple of the pieces still light up----and the skaters on the skating rink no longer skate.  But we still love it.  

I keep a cluttered house.  Occasionally, I try to improve on the clutter---but mostly it just gets relocated.  And I kind of like the clutter.  It feels like home.  But I am enjoying the living room---with the Christmas tree and the snow village and the stockings all hung.  Christmas is coming.  

I got a UTI on Thanksgiving Day---and ended up at a minor med begging for medicine.  Thanksgiving Day---the day Stu, and Miriam, and I all spent at home---I really thought---I don't think I'm going anywhere tomorrow either.  I felt terrible.  Apparently drinking lemon zinger tea was NOT a great idea.  I thought it would work as a diuretic and flush out the system.....citrus is apparently one of the worst things you can ingest when you are dealing with that particular problem.  Should have googled that BEFORE drinking all that tea.  But after the google search---and switching to water---I felt much better.  And was able to sleep mostly through the night.  And was fine the next day.  

The day after Thanksgiving---we had the chance to go to my parents' house.  Dad had cooked turkey and ham.  And mom had made her dressing, vegetable medley, and sweet potato casserole.  I brought cherry salad that Stu's mom made to share.  Mom made a strawberry cake for Stu's birthday---and there were gluten free cookies for Nikki----and a chocolate chess pie too.  

Friday---is eat what you want for dinner day for me.  I am trying very hard to get down to the weight bone doctor lady wants me to be in order to safely run again.  So---I've mostly been eating celery and salad and boiled eggs it feels like.  But on Friday night---I eat what I want.  You have to build in your cheats, you know.  And Thanksgiving Dinner is a good cheat meal.  Miriam filled up on Vegetable Medley and cranberry sauce.  I enjoyed Stu's strawberry cake along with a piece of chess pie.  I think I am still full from all the food we ate yesterday.  

Joshua spent a lot of the night watching Gran's iphone---a portion of Dinosaur Train that he likes to play over and over again.  When Jacob had had enough---he took the phone away---and Joshua moved on to working the puzzle Mom and Dad had set out for him.  It amazes me how well he is able to work these puzzles.  He got pulled into his daddy's lap and gave Jacob the most beautiful smile.  The same for his momma.  And then for Gran and Poppa too.  Joshua's smile can melt anyone's heart, I think.  

Miriam spent a lot of the night out in the backyard with Dad and Dolly.  She threw Dolly's toys for her---and Dolly chased to her heart's content.

By the time we got home---we were all tired and happy and full.   It was good to be together.  

Now there are 3 weeks of school before we are out for Christmas.  I am knitting socks frantically to try and finish them for Christmas presents.  But it gives me an excuse to watch Hallmark Christmas movies while I work.  I'm hoping to crochet some dishcloths too---if I can remember how to crochet.  I haven't made those is quite some time---but they are some of my favorites to make once I get started.  So I'll watch my little tutorials again and get started.

It's weird not to be in the middle of putting together the Christmas musical this year.  In some ways, it is nice to be a little more laid back this time of year.  In some ways, it doesn't really feel like Christmas without it.  But it does mean more time at home with my family---and that's good right now.    

No comments:

Post a Comment