Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Miriam's first Thanksgiving/ Stu's first birthday as a daddy


Miriam's first Thanksgiving:  The picture above pretty much says it all for me.  A little turkey with--well a bigger turkey.  Ha.  God has blessed me with so much that I don't deserve.  And those two right there top my list whenever I'm counting my blessings.

Stu's first birthday as a daddy.  Hmmm.  Well on this birthday as on all of his other birthdays as well,  Stu was unbelievably annoying.  Most of the time, being married to the most content person in the world is awesome.  But---not on his birthday---when there is absolutely nothing you can give this man.  "Just get me a nice card."  "I have everything I need.  I have you."  Awww sweet right?  No.  Save it, I say---and save me while you're at it---from wandering through the world of retail cluelessly and in a state of panic as I search for the perfect gift that just doesn't exist.  So, after a few years of this, I've kind of given up.  And--this is what I settled on this year:

That's right---Animal PJs.  You're so welcome, my dear.  And now--maybe by the time your next birthday rolls around---you can come up with something you might like more than Muppet Pajamas.  I know,  I know--I've set the bar high.  But, somehow, I think you'll manage.

Stu's birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year---and all joking aside---it was lovely.  And I do understand where Stu's coming from.  We really don't need anything right now.  The time that we have to spend together is a gift in itself.  And I know that I'm unbelievably blessed to have married a man who is just happy to be with me and to be with his daughter---who doesn't need or want to sit around and wish for a million things he doesn't have.  I thought about this a lot as we celebrated this year--- and somewhere in the vicinity of my heart---happiness and love linked together in a palpable warmth.  Still--dear--don't get any ideas from this---just keep in mind....there are other muppets besides Animal.....and none of them "rock" quite as much as he does.

Example:
And I have to mention--the guy on the right at the end---totally reminds me of Steve (Stu's dad)  Ha ha---Kay--pass that one on for me.     :)

1 comment:

  1. Bwahaha! Love the PJs!! =) Sad that we didn't get to see y'all on Thanksgiving, but I'm so glad y'all had a good Thanksgiving! That Miriam is so beautiful. I can't wait to hold and hug on her.

    ReplyDelete